Totom House |
Multicultural Early Childhood Centre

Assistance with childcare costs


The government runs two schemes to assist with childcare costs:

  1. The The Child Care Benefit (CCB) – is income tested and is usually paid directly to child care providers to reduce the fees that eligible families pay so higher income earners may not be eligible
  2. The Child Care Rebate (CCR) – pays up to 50% of your out of pocket expenses for child care up to an annual cap. From 1 July 2011 the Child Care Rebate annual cap is $7,500 per child per year.
  • Your out of pocket child care costs are calculated after deducting any Child Care Benefit from your fees
  • It is NOT income tested, so you may be eligible to receive it even if you don’t get the Child Care Benefit from your fees. If your household income is too high to be eligible for the CCB, its important that you submit the forms for the CCB and be assessed as eligible but at the zero (or higher) rate. This will then allow you to receive the CCR.

How to claim

  • You must apply for the Child Care Benefit to receive the Child Care Rebate.
  • Visit the Family Assistance Office website to apply for the Child Care Benefit.
  • Your eligibility for the Child Care Rebate will be automatically assessed by the Family Assistance Office. Payments will be made once the Family Assistance Office have received child care attendance details from your child care service/s.

More information can be found at the my child website




No comments yet.

Leave a comment!


© Totom House Inc 2009
Site by Libby Heasman
Logo design by Martine Valentin

Find It!